Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Business As Usual

OK I'm Back like I left something!!! Another week of training and all that goes into being a pro overseas, and the results of the hard work are evident above. Satria Muda Britama from Indonesia is a very good team and well coached. I always enjoy playing against other good imports and they have two very good Americans. For some reason, good competition always brings out the best in me. We played a pretty solid game of the week on ESPN Asia! Shout out to all my teammates for a weeks worth of focus, hard work, and everyone playing their role in a big win over the second place team in our league. Also, all praise and honor be to God for being awarded player of the week in the Asean Basketball League (ABL) and shout out to management, the coaches, and my teammates...couldn't have done it without you all. Personally, things were better this week. Not as much drama as last week. There are always the little things that happen from day to day that irritate you, but nothing major worth discussing. After all you are not at home, so you must learn to take the good with the bad. I talked to my kids via Skype and they are excited mom is on her way home soon. Kinda sucks for me, but our time together has been priceless. Its good to share this with her.
She is my rock. Anyone hoping to have success at this overseas hoop game, u gotta have a star player that has your back at all times and your best interest at heart. We are all looking forward to this weeks match up as we head to Manila for the game of the season vs. the Philippine Patriots! The Slingers won the first game at home and trust the pinoy faith full will be fired up and looking to end our streak. It is reported there will be 10,000 fans in attendance for this one. If all goes well we may have 10 of those cheering for us. None the less, these are the games you work so hard day to day to prepare for...but you know the saying, "If God is for you, who can be against you?" So I will continue to do what I do every game and allow Him to use me in any way He deems necessary to bring Him more glory, honor, and praise. Just another opportunity and platform to try and bring more people into God's kingdom. Besides it will be good to bring things full circle and reconnect with the place and people that played a major role in a transitional period at a pivotal crossroad in my career. Should be interesting....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment